Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tuxedo Pasta

OK OK, I know I keep saying that each dish I make is our new favorite, but this one really is! Try it.


Ingredients:
1 package bowtie pasta
2 cups cooked chicken (I just went to fry's and got the entire cooked chicken they make there and tore off pieces)
1 med zucchini, sliced
1 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons chicken broth
3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons minced fresh basil OR 1 tablespoon dried basil
Directions:
-cook pasta
-in large skillet, saute chicken (since I got the precooked stuff, I didn't add it til the very end), zucchini, mushrooms, & red peppers in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 min or until veggies are tender. Add lemon juice and broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in parmesan, basil and remaining butter. (this is where I added chicken). Stir and serve immediately.

No comments: