Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Teriyaki Chicken

I got this recipe from Sage's mom. It's his favorite meal, so I had to try!!! It's really easy and quick


Ingredients for teriyaki sauce:
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar

I used two chicken breasts and cut them into about 2 inch slices. The sauce about will be enough for one chicken breast, so double the recipe if you'll be makings two. Bring sauce to a boil, add chicken and bring to a boil again. Turn down to a simmer. Sage's mom uses full chicken thighs and simmers the chicken in the sauce for about 45 minutes. Two sliced chicken breasts only took about 25 minutes! Just keep checking. I made white rice and steamed a premade veggie pack that I got from Fresh and Easy. We had just enough left overs for one of us to eat it for lunch the next day.

1 comment:

Love Cami. said...

IM trying this! looks sooo good!