Sunday, June 7, 2009

Shrimp Burritos

I didn't take any pictures of this dish because, well, it looks like a plain old burrito. I thought taking a picture of it half eaten would be kinda gross too...

Ingredients:
1 can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. seafood seasoning
1 lb. cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined. (to me, the end result was really saucy and next time I think I'll use 2 lbs of shrimp. Sage and I each only had one burrito and there was only enough left over for one more)
4 flour tortillas (10 inch). warmed.
1/2 cup shredded cheddar-monterey jack cheese
1 cup torn romaine lettuce, chopped

Directions:
-In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and blended. Stir in shrimp; heat through. (only took about 10 minutes and the shrimp i used were still frozen.)
-Spoon 2/3 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkly each with 2 tbsp. cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with lettuce.

No comments: